In general pack the returned product well for return. We cannot check the reason of your warranty claim, if the returned product comes in a damaged packing. At best you use the packing as you received the product or pack it adequately.
Never just return the product to us. Contact us before you return anything to us. We will supply you with a 'warranty case indentification code' (warranty--ID) by which this case is identified and handled. We also supply you with a prepared sticker that holds all relevant information for a smooth return process.
Give us information what exactly you will return and by which order number or invoice number the delivery happend.
Send this information with an email to
Subject: Warranty claim YOUR_ORDER-NUMBER_OR_INVOICE_NUMBER
(automatically set by above link)
After reveiving this information we will turn to you and will supply you with your warranty--ID and the prepared sticker for a smooth return.
The 'retornation sticker' is provided by DHL-Express. So you can bring the packet to every DHL-Shop and deliver it 'charge-free' to us.
So far everything is the same as for Germany and the European Union (EU) ...
The following applies, if you return from a non-EU country:
- You need to add a copy of your invoice that relates to your original buy. Customs authorities will check, that it is not older than 3 years.
- You need to add an 'export declaration' that declares a reason of "Warranty"
- You need to specify a value of "0" on the 'export declaration
Since 'export declaration' forms are specific for your country you need to obtain one from your local customs authorities and fill-in accordingly. Take care and double-check that all needed information is complete and correct.
- If you are not specifying "Warranty" as the reason of the transport, then custom authorities in Germany will charge us with 'customs-fee'.
- if you are not specifying a value of "0" we are charged with 'importation turnover tax' (or just 'importation VAT' for short).
If you did not keep us free from any of above mentioned charges by a correcly filled-in export declaration, we ask you for a refund of these charges before we return a new product to you - provided that the warranty claim has passed our checks and succeeded for you.
All this handling bureaucracy is not our invention. But it is needed to have a warranty claim process going through smoothly. We hope that this information and support will help our customers to lead warranty claims to success. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask ...